started with this and similar images with the
mechanical arms and parts in various positions.
It seemed evident right at the start that there
was too much going on to really focus on any one
thing. I had to figure a way to simplify the showing
of the process.
steps I took involved first determining what the
focus would be. I decided to crop in closer to
the action, then chose shots to show the wire,
which was bright orange, as it travelled through
the machine where it was measured, received the
end treatment (in this case, stripped), cut and
deposited with the finished pieces.
further highlight the main parts of the process
being shown, I toned down the color to almost
shades of grey on those parts of the machine which
I determined weren't important to telling the
story, thereby causing the other parts of the
machine, which were more directly involved in
the actual wire-making process, to stand out.